Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Another Story

Here is another story that I have come across in my travels and travails:

I do not know when it happened nor do I know what triggered it. All I know is that all of a sudden it hit me. Really hard! To say it was like getting kicked in the chest by a really pissed off horse would be the closest thing I could come to this feeling that was coursing through me. The next thing I know I found myself being twisted around my own thoughts. The problem with this was that I could not get hold of not one tangible shred of clarity. Attempt after failed attempt, trying to get hold of one clear thought that would allow me to remain sane and coherent, just long enough for me to get home and sleep it off.

I could not believe it... I was clearly losing control and there was conversation going on in the vehicle that I just so happened to be riding in.

It seems that we (my friends and I) were just driving back from the movie theater. We were headed back to the parking lot where our respective vehicles were kept. It seems that we decided to carpool to the theater with "G-Man" (well that is what I called him). We were talking about how bad the movie we just saw was. I mean it was awful (I would give the name of the movie here; however, I do not believe it is even worth mentioning.)! That is when it began. Like I said earlier, I have no earthly clue as to what triggered these feelings. But there they were... Just sitting there waiting for me. Just aching to cause me grief. Feeling the need to test me. I was not ready.

So as I was saying before -- I was trying to get hold of a tangible though when I began to realize that my own brain was working against me:

It was as if the logical side of my brain was trying to get out because the creative center was apparently throwing an all night rave... In my Skull!

So there I was staring off outside of the window just feeling nothing but pain. For whatever reason, I began to lash out and strike at nothing. That is when Vicky, Genelle and Karen all noticed that I had stopped talking.

I must explain. When we are all together, it is I who becomes the life of the party. Willing to do what needs to be done in order to have a good time. That's me! Always there with a funny anecdote or a funny joke or quip about something. I liked it. It suited me.

So when Genelle, who was right next to me saw that I was turned away from the others in the group, she became concerned...

Part Two coming later...

No comments: