Sunday, April 11, 2010

The New New New Me!!

Ok! So here it is 2010, the spring season is in full swing and I recently decided to forcefully pull my head from my ass. Seems like an easy thing to do, does it not? But let me tell you my friends, it sometimes takes a almost seemingly Herculean type effort. But here is what I have done so far:

After weeks and months of arguing with my own body I decided I had better do something about my health and well being. Seeing how I needed to come up with my own damn "Health-Care" plan on my own, I decided to start eating right and getting my ass back into the gym.

This was no easy task I tell you. In addition to that I decided to concentrate more on work and getting my head straight. Once again not as easy as some might think. The hardest part about all this is that I am doing this almost completely on my own. I am not actively seeking help from outside sources. I will succeed in the things I do solely on my own merits and the decisions I make for myself and hope that it does not affect anyone else in the processes.

So I am in the gym and and I have managed to blow the dust off of my old regimen. Realizing, that I could not just jump full bore back into the old routine I managed to modify the regimen enough such that it would be a quick path to the old routine without killing myself.

It seems that in the past when I was doing this, I failed quite often. Why? Well the reason was simple. I allowed big enough distractions to take me off of my game even though those distractions had nothing to do with my wellness program that I instituted for myself.

You see, it was all in my head. Somehow, I convinced myself that because the distractions were too great I could not continue because it would now get in the way of fixing what was now placed in front of me.

This is a hard lesson to learn because this is something that can ultimately ruin me. I find myself in a situation that I cannot afford the price of those distractions taking me out like that. I have a few things going for me now. To list what they are now will be a problem because the list of things is incomplete and will be yet another distraction. You will see soon.

I know that this will be a good thing for me and I will do my best to write it all down as it happens.

On to the good stuff...

So I am in the gym. More determined than ever to lose the chub and get back to some semblance of shape and good health. The impetus for this occurred whilst I was trying on a pair of pants that I thought were my size. LO AND BEHOLD!!! They were not. They were how do you say... "A bit snug.". Holee Fat-rolls Batman! This was the last straw. I found myself in a position that I could no longer justify paying extra for clothing because I am overweight. This is just plain stupid as far as I am concerned and I immediately felt that this situation really did not need to exist.

After I completed my self verbal tongue-lashing, I knew what it was I had to do to remedy the situation. So I began...

Got back into the gym listened as my own body did everything that it could to go against me. The conversation happened a lot like my previous post about my working out. It is one of the first ones I wrote. But this time I found that although there was resistance, it was not as bad as the first time. This time it seemed as if it were a loud din in the room and they just doing some off the cuff complaining about the work but ultimately there was compliance and things are going much smoother now.

I am actually at a point where I can switch my routine to increase the level of fat-burn and wight loss overall. This will require a bit more will-power from me but I believe that in the end it will all work out (no pun intended).

Next time: I think I will attempt to write about what is getting in my way and what I am doing to work around that.

Peace!

No comments: