Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Long time no see

It has been a long time. Has it not?

I could go into the reasons why that is, but that will be a waste of perfectly good blog space. So I will get right into it.

Recently, I was watching the local news (why I subject myself to this stupidity is beyond me), and I found myself wondering why the local news stations are seemingly of the firm belief that killing, murder, mayhem and scandal are the only items that are newsworthy? What is so shameful about this is not that someone or some group was killed or acted against in a violent way -- It is that the people "informing" you about said story does not care one iota about the people involved in the story itself. You can see it in their eyes. It is as if to say... "Look. I tell you about this lady who was bludgeoned to death with her own prosthetic arm! Look at this concerned face I make. There see the look of concern and shock? You should believe me... I too am feeling her family's pain!"

To this I say... Are you kidding me with this store bought, off-the-shelf, absurd attempt at sincerity? To these news anchors, here is a simple message for you. Give us all a break. That the overall media treats the general populous like brain dead, mentally-challenged children is the true shame. Still, most of the general populous appears to accept what is fed to them so they are ignorant and ill-informed. Just the way they like it. Keep em dumb and drooling and they will ask for more.

But what about some of the better occurrences that should be newsworthy. Like the kid who does something amazing in school that can later be found to be useful to a group or community or however far reaching this can go.

There just needs to be a balance of the good and the bad. If the news can spend three weeks beating the story of a someone who shoots a police officer to death, then why cannot the same be done for someone who does good for society? Well the media would say... "Who cares about some little kid who does something great academically in school that sparks an entire movement of children who do exceptionally well in school?". Why do we not beat this story to death? Because it does not garner "ratings".

Who cares about the good stuff? I do, and so should you. What is wrong with demanding more from yourself and demanding more control with what information you receive from the world around you? If you get angry enough maybe you will.

I will try to come back with something lighter and more fun next time.

Enjoy,

Ryzynforce

No comments: